Monday, February 19, 2007

Peerkangai Sambar


Ingredients:
cooked toor dal - 1 1/2 cups
onion- 1 (medium, sliced)
Peerkangai- 1 (skin removed, round slices)
tomato -1
tamarind paste- 1 1/2 tsp
sambar powder - 2 tsp
curry leaves
corriander leaves

Procedure:
Heat oil and season with mustard seeds, vendhayam and jeera seeds. fry onions until soft. Add turmeric, tomatoes, Peerkangai and salt. When the vegetable is 1/4 th cooked , add tamarind paste, sambar powder, hing and curry leaves. cover and boil for some time. Then add cooked toor dal and boil for 5-10 mins. Serve on a bed of rice with any curry.

2 comments:

Nisha said...

Hi kribha,
I have tried many of ur recipes and specially the brinjal mochai kuzhambu was really a big hit....

Today I have a request , i see most of ur recipes made out with sambhar powder,, can u please give me the ingredients for sambar powder.... I am not sure how to check ur response, so it would b great if u could send it to my email its chillout.nisha@gmail.com
Thanks
Nisha

Kribha said...

Hi Nisha,
Thankyou so much for your precious comment. I felt so happy to know that you have tried many of my recipes and liked it.
You are right. I add sambar powder for most of my dishes. Actually, I get my sambar powder from my MIL. I'll get the recipe from her soon and mail it to you. Until then please bear with me please.