Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Rasmalai

Rasmalai is my favorite sweet. I'm a big fan of Krishna Sweets Rasamalai. I miss that sooooo much. Although, I get this sweet here in Atlanta... It's just not the same. This short cut recipe is much better than the store bought ones.

Ingredients:

Rasagullas: 1 tin

heavy whipping cream-1/2 pint

sugar- according to taste

chopped nuts-pista

saffron-1/2 tsp

cardomom powder-1/4 tsp

yellow food color -optional

Procedure:

Pour the cream into the dessert bowl. Add required sugar,nuts,saffron and cardamom powder and mix until sugar completely dissolves. Drain all the syrup from the rasagulla tin. Take a rasagulla and squeeze out all the sugar syrup from it, by pressing it in between your palms. Do the same for all the rasagulla balls. slide them into the cream. refrigerate. Allow atleast 12 hours for the rasagulla balls to soak up the milk.

3 comments:

Suganya said...

hi,
Ur rasmalai looks YUMMY.......I am realy crazy of rasmalai.......

Kribha said...

Thanks Sukanya. I'm a sucker for rasamalais. This is really a short cut method that gives the same taste. Actually, I did not take a good picture as I just started blogging. Try it. You will really like it.

Anonymous said...

Looks good and yummy. Nice recipe.